IBM i Security and Modernization
Am 3. Dezember 2019 gastiert die COMMON Europe iTour 2019 mit spannenden Vorträgen zu den Themen Security und Modernization
wieder bei uns in Österreich. In einer "kleinen Tradition" haben wir für Sie das OTTO WAGNER SCHÜTZENHAUS, Obere Donaustrasse 26, 1020 Wien reserviert, wo wir im Anschluß das ereignisreiche COMMON-Jahr mit dem Gala Dinner beschließen wollen!
Die zentrale Lage als auch die gute Erreichbarkeit öffentlich (U2- und U4- Station Schottenring) als auch mit dem Auto (Parkmglichkeit in naher Umgebung vorhanden) sind hier, abgesehen vom netten Ambiente, auch ein Vorteil.
Die Agenda im Detail:
1) Eröffnung COMMON Österreich
2) Best Practices in IBM i Security (2 x 45 Minuten)
Security best practice and regulatory compliance are constantly moving targets. In this session we share the best practices Sycnsort’s experience has shown to be necessary to secure your IBM i server. If you are a system administrator or system security officer, this session is a must for you to attend.
· Why you need to run at security level 50 – and the exposures of running at lower levels
· How to detect and prevent programs that could compromise system security
· Necessary system value settings
· How to apply cryptography to protect your data
· Network security requirements
· Security considerations for mobile deployments
· Six layers of security that provide multiple lines of defence for your IBM i data
· How Syncsort’s security solutions help you achieve best practice
IBM i security best practices – one session that runs through the 6 layers of security,
-Access control (multi-factor authentication, elevated authority management and system access management)
-Data privacy (protecting data at-rest and in-motion from unauthorized access with encryption, tokenization, and masking)
-Compliance monitoring (detecting security incidents and compliance deviations and monitoring/blocking views of sensitive Ddb2 data)
SIEM integration for enterprise-wide security monitoring and analytics
3) Building Streaming Data Pipelines from IBM i Databases (45 Min.)
It’s no secret that companies are producing more data than ever before, while under pressure to determine how to use it most effectively. As a result, most organizations are looking at ways to better integrate data from traditional systems, such as IBM i, into distributed streaming platforms. Building a streaming data pipeline to connect your IBM i to the rest of your business helps to give your business a real-time picture of your data. Building streaming data architectures with IBM i can be complicated. As a result, it’s essential to understand the critical components needed to make sure your efforts are successful.
In this session you will:
· Learn how data delivery, performance, and scalability play key roles in streaming data pipeline success
· Understand the best ways to enforce metadata and data lineage across the pipeline
· Examples of how Syncsort customers have successfully implemented streaming data pipelines that include IBM i
· How Syncsort Connect solutions can help your business implement a streaming-first data architecture
4) Liberate your Data: Connect for Big Data and IBM i (45 Min.)
Your IBM i powers mission-critical applications throughout the enterprise - collecting, generating and processing great quantities of corporate data. Fully and truly integrating that data into broader hybrid environments and data pipelines can be a struggle. Yet allowing crucial IBM i data to remain siloed inevitably compromises analytics and BI efforts. So how can you leverage IBM i data in ways that are sufficiently easy, agile, reliable and efficient?
In this session you will learn:
· How leading organizations optimize the use of IBM i application and log data in their big data environments
· How new tools and techniques empower data wranglers at all skill levels to work with IBM i technologies such as Db2
· Examples of how Syncsort customers have successfully broken down data silos and included their vital IBM i data
5) Gala Dinner & Networking
COMMON Europe iTour 2019, a collaboration between Common Europe and the local Common country organizations, is sponsored by Syncsort
IBM i systems hold critical data for enterprises across industries and process large volumes of sensitive information. Keeping those systems secure and compliant with industry and state regulations is crucial to protecting your corporate, partner and customer data from costly breaches that can damage your reputation.
At the same time, today’s businesses are under pressure to extract the greatest value from IBM i data by building data pipelines that connect IBM i data to the rest of your business in real time. Join iTOUR to hear Syncsort’s subject matter experts share best practices for securing your IBM i servers and answer your questions about modernizing the use of IBM i data by integrating it with new platforms.
Auf das Wiedersehen freuen wir uns - Anmeldung mittels oben stehenden grüner Button "Register now") - über die finale Agenda informieren wir noch per Email.